No Interest Loans
from the people you know and trust
No Fees. No Charges. Ever.
What is NILS?
No Interest Loans (NILS) provide individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit.
Loans are available for essential goods and services such as fridges, washing machines, car repairs and medical procedures for up to $1,500. Repayments are set at an affordable amount over 12 to 18 months.
NILS is offered by 170 local community organisations in over 600 locations across Australia. Chances are there’ll be a local NILS provider near you or one who can help over the phone.
What can I use NILS for?
- Household items like fridges,
washing machines, TVs and furniture
- Medical procedures and dental services
- Education essentials such as computers and text books
- Car repairs or registration
- Some other items as requested
Am I eligible?
- I have a Health Care Card / Pension Card or earn less than $45,000 a year after tax ($60,000 for couples or people with dependants)
- I have lived at my current or previous address for at least 3 months
- I can show that I have a capacity to repay the loan
FIND OUT IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
NILS isn’t a payday loan
and it’s not a bank loan
NILS works through a process called 'circular community credit'. This means when a borrower makes a repayment to NILS, the funds are then available to someone else in the community.
It is worth considering a NILS loan first before seeking other expensive options for credit.
How do I apply?
STEP 1 — ELIGIBILITY
Find out if you are eligible for a NILS loan click here
STEP 2 — ENQUIRE
Find your nearest NILS provider click here or call 13 NILS (13 64 57)
STEP 3 — APPOINTMENT
Make an appointment with your nearest provider
STEP 4 — ASSESSMENT
Your loan application is assessed
STEP 5 — OUTCOME
You are informed of the outcome of your loan application
issued last year
workers and volunteers